Many people suffer injuries from dog bites due to the careless and negligent actions of some dog owners. A dog bite injury can have severe consequences, especially if there are numerous bites or one single injury that requires a surgical procedure. The CDC reported over 4.5 million cases of dog bites in the United States, just in 2019 alone. We’d like to trust pet owners will take the necessary precautions to keep their dogs trained or on leashes and harnesses, but this is not always the case. If you or a loved one suffered from dog aggression and are looking to file a lawsuit, Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel is the law firm to turn to for dog bite lawyers in Ontario.
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel is a celebrated law firm in the Ontario area, as well as the entire Inland Empire. Our lawyers are compassionate and ready to put in the work to represent the rights of injured individuals. We have successfully represented many animal bite cases, and our legal team is always ready to consult and work with clients who are looking to hold pet owners accountable. Because dog bite incidents are common in California, you must look for a reliable and trustworthy animal bite lawyer. Our legal team has got you covered.
When bitten by a dog, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Dog bite injuries can happen out of the blue. A tame dog can turn vicious in seconds. There is not always an explanation for a dog bite attack, but there are always consequences for a victim. In California, there is a strict liability statute on dog owners. This means that a dog owner is liable for damages when it comes to a dog bite attack, no matter if it was in a public or private space and regardless of the dog’s viciousness or the owner’s knowledge of the viciousness.
Dog bite damages can be severe, ranging from painful bites that take long to heal, and even dog bite injuries that require a surgical procedure. When it comes to dog bite damages, you are entitled to seek possible financial compensation to make up for medical expenses and emotional or psychological trauma.
When you suffer a dog bite attack, the losses you face can vary from financial losses, medical expenses, painful injuries, emotional trauma, and more. California has faced many cases in which dog owners have been responsible for dog bite attacks from their pets due to lack of restraint, negligence, and being unaware or uncaring of their pet’s viciousness. Hiring an Ontario dog bite attorney can help bring your lawsuit forward with the reassurance that a professional legal expert is guiding your claim.
When you work with one of our Ontario dog bite attorneys, you can be reassured your dog bite case is being handled with the utmost attention and skill. We have worked with various dog bite clients for years, and have the experience to help all dog bite victims. If you have suffered from a dog bite incident, sit down with a dependable dog bite attorney.
When you are attacked by a dog, you may be feeling overwhelming feelings of stress, fear, and anxiety. It is important to take a series of steps in making sure you are alright, and that can also help bring your dog bite lawsuit forward. After a dog bite incident, make sure you:
- Seek medical attention- It is important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. When it comes to dog aggression incidents, getting all injuries checked out is important for documentation and to get any necessary treatment.
- Document the attack- Documenting the attack is recommended for many dog bite cases. Take photos, a video, and talk to any witnesses that may have been around at the time of the incident. Building up evidence is essential to a dog bite lawsuit.
- Contact the police and animal services- You may face an aggressive dog owner after a dog bite incident. Contacting the police and animal services can give you peace of mind, as well as allow for more evidence to be recorded. Contacting the proper authorities, whether police or animal services, is essential after the event of a dog bite.
- Call Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel- To bring your dog bite case forward, you need the guidance of a trusted Ontario law firm. We have years of experience and legal expertise to bring forth any dog bite lawsuit. Our lawyers will walk you through the lawsuit process every step of the way, so you can be eligible for possible financial compensation after a dog bite incident. Do your homework, and call our law firm as soon as possible.
After a dog bite event, you will find yourself wondering, am I eligible for compensation? You may be left with a number of injuries, both physical and psychological. Here are a few of the injuries that can warrant pursuing a dog bite lawsuit, especially when considering accumulating medical expenses and loss of income if unable to work.
- Bone Fractures
- Puncture Wounds
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Psychological Trauma (PTSD)
If you or a loved one were injured, or if your loved one passed away due to complications stemming from a dog attack, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Though this compensation may not turn back time, it can help bring you or your loved ones financial support after such a distressing event.
After a devastating and potentially scarring dog bite event, let your lawsuit be handled by a professional group of legal experts based in Ontario. We will work with you every step of the way, helping answer all questions and inquiries. Call Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel today!